left to right: Sandra den Hamer,
The NCDD is a not-for-profit foundation under Dutch law. It is funded by its members and by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. The Executive Board comprises:
- Martin Berendse on behalf of the National Archives (Secretary)
- Peter Doorn on behalf of Data Archiving and Networked Services (Treasurer)
- Sandra den Hamer (EYE) on behalf of the Cultural Digital Preservation Coalition (CCDD)
- Jan Müller on behalf of Sound and Vision (Vice-Chair)
- Bas Savenije on behalf of the National Library of the Netherlands (Chair)
The NCDD’s coordinator, Inge Angevaare is based at the National Library of the Netherlands. All enquiries should be addressed to: NCDD, attn Inge Angevaare, PO Box 90407, 2509 LK The Hague, Netherlands, T +31 70 31 40 262, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
The organizations listed above do not just represent themselves, but they have taken on responsibilities as a network leader for their sectors, as explained below:
The NCDD network for digital preservation is a conglomerate of four sector-based networks that promote long-term access to digital objects.
(Larger diagram in Word)
Below is a non-exhaustive list of some of the important members of the sector networks:
Government/Archives (blue circles)
- Nationaal Archief, National Archives, archives of the central Dutch Government; closely collaborates with various ministries, including the Ministry of the Interior
- Gemeentearchief Rotterdam, e-Depot, e-Depot of the City Archives of Rotterdam
- Stadsarchief Amsterdam, City Archives of Amsterdam
- (collaborative:) Archives coalition for digital preservation (Archief Coalitie Digitale Duurzaamheid, ACDD) is a collaborate effort on the part of the National Archives, the Municipal Archives of Rotterdam and Amsterdam, 11 Regional Archives and Sector Organisations to establish a nationwide shared services organisation in the Netherlands. Established June 2010. More information (in Dutch) on http://www.archief.nl.
- Municipal archives
The research community (red circles)
- 3TU.Federatie, Federation of three technical universities which is building a 3TU.Datacentre for technical and scientific data sets.
- Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek, Statistics Netherlands
- DANS, Data Archiving and Networked Services, data storage for the humanities arts and social sciences.
- IISG, International Institute for Social History
- ILO, Institute for Dutch lexicology
- KNAW, Royal Dutch Academy of Sciences; includes a number of institutes with digital data collections in the humanities, social and life sciences
- Koninklijke Bibliotheek, National Library of the Netherlands, with its e-Depot for publications by Dutch and international publishers, and DARE publications
- KNMI, Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute, with its operational Kodac data centre
- Max-Planck-Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, with the DoBeS database
- NWO, Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research, which includes a number of instititutes with digital data collections, especially in the STM-sector.
- SURF, innovation in Dutch higher education and research
- and many others
Media (green circles)
- Stichting Beeld en Geluid, Sound and Vision, the archives of the Dutch public broadcasting companies which will offer third-party audiovisual data storage services from 2009 on (Proarchive).
- AVA_net is a network of media organisations established to share knowledge and expertise with regard to audiovisual collections.
- Regional and local broadcasters.
Cultural heritage institutions (orange circles)
- DEN, Digital Heritage Netherlands, knowledge centre for ICT applications in Cultural Heritage Institutions.
- FILM Eye Institute Netherlands, the National Film Institute
- (collaborative:) Cultural Coalition for Digital Preservation (Culturele Coalitie Digitale Duurzaamheid, CCDD) is a collaborate effort on the part of FILM Eye Institute, Digital Heritage Netherlands, Virtual Platform, the Rijksmuseum, the Dutch Museum Association and other stakeholders to develop cooperative plans to deal with the challenge of digital preservation.
- Other museums